Thursday 31 May 2012

23.Ted White & South Lancing School

Ted has kindly sent a picture of his family for an article about Penstone House and also enclosed the picture below... He writes:-
I went to South Lancing School next to the Main Post Office from 1941 to 1947 and I have attached a photo of the teachers who were there in about 1946/7. I think that the one with the flowers in her lapel was the headmistress, Miss Kates, and in the middle was Miss Alexander. On the right is Mrs Curd of an old Lancing family. Who were the others? I really enjoyed my days at the school except of course that these were the years with frequent visits to the Air Raid Shelters. Names such as Jackie Jasper, Daphne Chamberlain, Brian Vincent, Mike Smith ... were some of our classmates.

courtesy Ted White


No comments: