Tuesday 14 October 2008

Story 6 from Joan Hamilton

Story 6
Joan (Sparkes) Hamilton writes:
Quite by accident, I came upon your very interesting site.
I started this morning on Google looking for Halewick Farm, Sompting, that used to be my home.

Lancing Clump was a favourite place of mine, I daily rode my horse through and around it when I was a teenager, before the war.
Then there was an old tree with a big low branch, gone after that storm, [1987] but I have pictures of my children and then grandchildren standing on it.



 I am very glad to learn that the area has been made a reserve.
 I also lived at Cokeham Manor, at a very early age, I see you have found my cousin Edward Sparkes's Mumblings, what an interesting morning I have had!
I have lived in Canada since 1946, I married a Canadian soldier and came to Canada as a War bride, my visits are not so frequent now but I still have lots of memories.
If you would like to contact Joan write to: jehamilton(at)sympatico.ca

2 comments:

diy said...

My name is Jim Walker. The story was written by my mom. I remember Halewick farm in Sompting with great fond memories. When I was visiting England going to the Lansing train station is such a thrill on my way to Brighton or to London. I hope this website stays up forever.
Thank you

diy said...

By the way that is me on the tree in the first picture with the hat on.