Tuesday 14 October 2008

Story 3 from John Drewett

Story 3
John Drewett

I worked for Typower ltd as a Draughtsman, then Sales Engineer from 1964 to 1970.
Typower was previously PG Tyrer (Turbines), we manufactured Diesel Generating sets mainly. We had our works in the old Railway Power House, on the Churchill Industrial Site.
My wife worked at Beechams Laboratory, later at Bentalls Worthing, my daughter at Dodds the Estate agents, we lived in Sompting actually, in Steepdown Rd. My Chief draughtsman Ted King still lives in Worthing, he is now 86. I am 76. We went to South Africa in 1970, I kept in the Diesel Business in Johannesburg. We are now in Valentine NSW Australia, since 1991 when I retired, with my wife and daughter and grandkids.
Ted is the only bloke I have been able to keep in touch with, it would be nice if I could find any of those who remember me from those days. I have sent a brochure of Typower, it shows the DO, I am on the right with Ted and Ernie Hall, it's not too clear I'm afraid.
I remember Tony Dix, (Ken Holden, Ron Boot, Cliff Bloom) these went to Ruhaak in Worthing.
I was lucky enough to visit Uk a few years ago and drove around the Lancing area with Ted King, I have a cousin who lives in Worthing also.
I have very pleasant memories of our years spent there. The Beaches are sandier here!
Hope I haven't gone on a bit.
Regards
John Drewett

No comments: